Futureproof Your Digital Marketing
“The real task for brands is to evaluate if TikTok is what it purports to be; just an entertainment app with western governments ironically behaving like China, banning what they fear? Or is a potential TikTok ban a canary in the coalmine for all social media companies?” Donagh Humphreys, Head of Social and Digital Innovation at Thinkhouse
At THINKHOUSE we’ve watched the unstoppable rise of TikTok as a paid brand channel and key social platform since 2020, using the channel to deliver innovative and impactful campaigns across such brands as RTÉ, Lucozade UK and Goodfellas. What do these current developments mean for marketing and advertising? While we don’t know exactly what will happen next, there are things you can do to safeguard investments in digital marketing, creative, ad-spend, and influencers.
THINKHOUSE’s digital and social media team have created a guide with five clear actions that will help you navigate any changes, which are as follows:
- Rethinking your video vertical distribution
- Edu-tainment content will work across all platforms
- Analyse how popular your content creators really are
- Watch out for optics
- Prepare for higher cost-per-platform
Read the in depth guide for a breakdown of each of these actions, and what to consider. Reach out to the THINKHOUSE team for additional support via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read the latest THINKHOUSE Social & Digital team update on the Lemon8 social app - ‘5 Things To Know About Lemon8’.
- In case you missed it - the latest IPCC report is out. Read one of our recent editions of 52INSIGHTS, where we broke down the significant implications of this moment, exploring some of the latest youth responses and new EU greenwashing directive.
- THINKHOUSE and eFlow, the operator of the barrier-free tolling system on Dublin’s M50 motorway and a provider of electronic tags for use on all toll roads in the Republic of Ireland, have launched ‘Accounts & Accountability,’ eFlow's biggest marketing campaign to date. Read more on our site.